10 top tips for parents to support children to read
- Encourage your child to read.
- Read aloud regularly.
- Encourage reading choice.
- Read together.
- Create a comfortable environment.
- Make use of your local library.
- Talk about books.
- Bring reading to life.
- Make reading active
- Engage your child in reading in a way that suits them.
This parent-facing site from the National Literacy strategy offers, tips, fun resources
and advice to help parents support their children’s literacy development.
Oxford Owl is packed with expert advice, tips and activities to help parents support their child's education.