Frittenden Primary School aims to teach pupils, through experience, to know and value the benefits of participation in physical activities. They will be taught to plan, to improve and to evaluate their performance and that of others. Children will be given the opportunity to learn safely how to develop strength, endurance and control of their bodies through carefully structured challenges.
All children follow a balanced programme of study for gymnastics, dance and games in all years with the addition of athletics and outdoor and adventurous activities in Key Stage 2. A minimum of 2 hours curriculum time will be given to PE, with the exception of Year R.
Children have the opportunity to try out different sports and represent the school in a variety of tournaments for example football, tennis, Tri-golf, swimming and athletics.
Children in KS2 who are unable to swim 25 metres are offered swimming lessons, usually during the Summer Term.
- to provide an opportunity to take part in enjoyable activities
- to help develop physical competence and skills
- to develop the concept of fair play, honest competition and good sporting behaviour
- to provide opportunities to work co-operatively with others
- to develop the ability to cope with success and failure
- to promote through direct experience the benefits of exercise
- the village field, the school hall, the paddock and school playground
- professional coaches for PE afternoons for a variety of sports
- participation in sports tournaments and taster sessions
- equipment for relevant sport
- range of extra-curricular opportunities
- membership of two inter-school sports organisations
Small School Football : Frittenden placed 3rd
Dulwich Football Festival : Frittenden placed 2nd
Swimming Gala : Frittenden placed 1st