Welcome to Potter Class
Welcome to the Reception web page and Frittenden Primary School. Please ask if you have any questions about Potter Class. Thank you for visiting the page!
The Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum aims to build a secure foundation for children to progress through school and life. It is aimed at children from birth to 5 years and all pre-schools, nurseries, childminders and reception classes are required to follow it. To read a Parents' Guide to the EYFS curriculum click here.
How to help your child at home
There are many ways that parents can help their child with their learning and support them in their education. One of the simplest ways is to talk to your child about their day and perhaps ask them to show you something new they have learned how to do such as a new phonics sound they have learned. Reading with your child regularly at home and setting aside time for any home learning set by the school are important ways to support your child. Parents can also use everyday activities to reinforce learning and practice key skills such as counting objects.
Useful websites to try at home:
- Mathematical Language - www.ictgames.com/mucky.html
- Counting and Number Recognition - www.ictgames.com/newduckshoot.html
- Patterns - www.crickweb.co.uk/Early-Years.html#beads
- Number Recognition - www.crickweb.co.uk/Early-Years.html#ftank2
- Number Recognition - www.bbc.co.uk/schools/numbertime/games/find_the.shtml
- Counting - www.abc.net.au/countusin/games/game1.htm
- Number Facts - www.abc.net.au/countusin/default.htm
- Addition - tes.iboard.co.uk/player/frameset.htm?id=maths/.ri4ki3ns8HQ8RG0cWyCLC