All schools have a responsibility “to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.”
At Frittenden CEP School we teach children about British Values through a variety of means including:
- Learning about Democracy through Parliamentary visits
- Visits from Helen Grant (mp)
- School council representation
- Creating class charters to high light expectations
- Identifying the consequences of our actions
- Knowing how to keep safe
- Being inclusive of other pupils with different religions
- Learning about the festivals, traditions and celebrations of different religions
- Allowing pupils to make choices in their learning
This is a very small sample of what we do.
Please see the document below which explains further how British Values are covered through our curriculum and school ethos at Frittenden CEP School.