Frittenden CEP School is committed to the continuous raising of achievement of all our pupils. Regular attendance is critical if our pupils are to be successful and benefit from the opportunities presented to them.
One of our basic principles is to celebrate success. Good attendance is fundamental to a successful and fulfilling school experience. We actively promote 100% attendance for all our pupils and we use a variety of weekly, termly and annual awards to promote good attendance and punctuality. In our school good attendance is considered to be at least 96.5%.
The Governors, Headteacher and Staff in partnership with parents have a duty to promote full attendance at Frittenden CEP School.
Ofsted use attendance data to help make judgements about a schools performance.
- 96.5 - 100% attendance – is deemed good attendance and will be recognised as such.
- 93 - 95% attendance – the class teacher to investigate and notify Ms Costello. Parents may be contacted if this is deemed appropriate.
- 90 – 93% school intervention letters/meeting with parents
- Where the level of absence has not improved and there are unauthorised absences, the school will make a referral to the KCC Inclusion and Attendance Service using the Digital Front Door. If it is not clear a referral to the Service is appropriate, the school will consult with the Local Authority School Liaison Officer for advice.
- For the cases that require intensive family support, the school may make an Early Help Notification.
Further information can be found at http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools/school-attendance