Frittenden C.E.P. School is a Church of England Voluntarily Controlled Primary School and as such our Admissions Policy is determined by our Local Authority, Kent County Council. These are set out in the County Council’s online booklet 'Admission to Primary School 2022'.
In the first instance admission to the school is determined by parental preference, provided there are places available. If more parents express a preference for the school than the published standard number of 15 places for new admissions, these places will be allocated by the County Council in accordance with the following criteria, which are in order of priority:
- Children in Local Authority Care or Previously in Local Authority Care
- Attendance at a linked infant school (not applicable to Frittenden)
- Current family association (sibling)
- Health, Social and Special Access reasons
- Nearness of children’s homes to schools
How do I get a Reception place at Frittenden CEP School?
Kent County Council (KCC) manage all primary admissions. Due to funding cuts, KCC no longer produce a paper copy of the aforementioned information booklet, 'Admission to Primary School 2022' for every child, but you can contact the Primary Admission Team for a copy.
KCC encourage parents to apply online at www.kent.gov.uk/ola. Online applications open on 5 November 2021 and close on 17 January 2022. Parents are encouraged to express three preferences for a school place. If you require a paper application, please contact KCC on 03000 416111. Our DCSF number for your application is 886 3198.
Admission outside the normal point of entry.
Parents may seek a place for their child outside of their normal age group. In addition parents of summer born children (1st April to 31st August) may choose not to send that child to school until the September following their fifth birthday and may choose to request that they are admitted out of their normal age group – to Reception year rather than Year 1. Please see the KCC Admission to Primary School Booklet for more information.
Requests for admission to Reception year outside of the normal age group should be made in accordance with the following procedure:
- Requests should be made to the Headteacher of the preferred school as early as possible in the admission round associated with that child’s date of birth. This will allow the school and admissions authority sufficient time to make a decision before the closing date.
- The school will consider that request taking into account any evidence provided to support the request. Parents are not expected to provide evidence to support their application, however, where it is provided it must be specific to the child in question. There is no legal requirement for medical or professional evidence to be secured from an appropriate professional however, failure to provide this may impede a school's ability to agree to a deferral. A decision will be made on the basis of the circumstances of each case and in the best interests of the child concerned and include the views of the Headteacher. The reasons for the decision made will be clearly set out.
- Parents are required to complete an application for the normal point of entry at the same time, in case their request is declined. The application can be cancelled if the school agrees to accept a deferred entry into Year R the following year.
- Deferred applications must be made by paper Reception Common Application Form (RCAF) to the LA with written confirmation from each named school.
- It is important to note that deferred applications will be processed in the same way as all applications for the cohort in the following admissions round in accordance with the school’s oversubscription criteria.
When can I visit the school?
We do not hold open days, preferring to show you our school on an individual basis. Please email Mrs Kneller, our Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org and request a visit.
In Year Admissions
Admissions in other year groups (In Year Admissions) are made directly to Frittenden CEP School. If you wish to apply for a school place, please complete and return an In Year Application Form available via the link .
For further information please follow the link to KCC Primary Admissions.