Skip to content ↓


Frittenden CofE Primary School has 105 places; we are arranged in 4 classes: in each year group there are 15 places. Reception are taught in a single class of 15 children. Thereafter, classes are mixed: 1 & 2 (Dahl Class) 3 & 4 (Wells Class) and 5 & 6 (Shakespeare Class)

Our application process for our Reception is handled by Kent County Council (KCC) and our admissions policy is administered by KCC and follows these criteria:

a)    Children in Local Authority Care or Previously in Local Authority Care as defined by Section 22 of the Children Act 1989, including children who appear (to the admission authority) to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted

b)    Current Family Association

c)    Health and Special Access Reasons.

d)    Nearness of children's homes to school.

Our Admissions policy with key information and dates for the coming year can be found at the bottom of the page.

Children who attend Frittenden come from a number of the surrounding villages. We have a reputation for nurture because our classes are smaller and because we only have just over 100 children – we know our children really well. Children are with their teachers for 2 years resulting in secure and established relationships, which allow the children to flourish.

If you move into the area and would like your child to join our school, please contact the school directly for a tour of the school. We do not hold Open Days, instead we arrange personal tours led by the headteacher. If your child is starting school next September contact us: / 01580 852250

An in year admissions form can be located at the bottom of the page.

Or follow the link directly to the KCC Primary Schools website 


If you are unhappy with the school place you've been offered, you can appeal for any of the schools you named in your application.

We recommend you still accept the place your child has been offered. This will not affect your appeal and will guarantee your child has a school place if your appeal is unsuccessful. If your appeal is successful you must remember to tell the school you were originally offered that you no longer want the place.

If you weren't offered your chosen school, this is usually because the school is full and there were other children who more closely met the school’s oversubscription criteria. However, you can appeal.

For late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 school days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged where reasonably possible in line with updated guidance from the Department for Education.

Appeals online

Your appeals clerk will contact you directly to let you know when your appeal will be heard.

 Appeals Hearing

The hearing lets you explain to an independent appeal panel why you think your child should be given a place at the school and lets the school explain why it could not offer your child a place.

The panel clerk will contact those who have appealed directly to inform them how the appeal will be heard.

You will be informed of the date of your appeal at least 14 calendar days before it is heard and a complete copy of the appeals paperwork will be sent to you at least 7 calendar days before the hearing.


The Clerk will normally provide you with the panel’s decision within 7 calendar days of your appeal. If the panel is hearing a large number of appeals, this will be 7 calendar days after the last appeal is considered.

If your appeal is unsuccessful, you can't lodge another appeal to the same school for the same school year, unless you can show your circumstances have changed since the first appeal.

There is a legal maximum class size for reception, year 1 and year 2. This is 30 children per teacher. Your appeal may be unsuccessful if all the classes have already reached their legal limit, unless:

  • the admission arrangements were unlawful
  • the admission arrangements weren't correctly and impartially applied
  • the decision to refuse admission wasn't reasonable.

Get Advice

Call 03000 41 42 22 or email for support.