- Information about Homework activities focusing on English, Maths and other curriculum subjects can be found on these pages and should be completed by the date(s) assigned.
- At times Homework activities may be set through online platforms such as Google Classroom or MyMaths. Further information about logging in to Google Classroom can be found in this section. Parents connected to their children's Google Classroom account should receive a weekly summary email about what work is current set within the Google Classroom and about any work overdue.
- Announcements about weekly homework are also sent out through the class SeeSaw account.
- From October 2021 we will be returning to using Mental Arithmetic Books from Schofield & Sims as a main part of our Maths Homework. These books will be coming home with the children on Fridays. Each week your child will need to complete one page of MA unless the class teacher has told them otherwise.
- Please do any corrections from the previous test done in the boxes first before you complete your next test page. Remember to put the date at the top of your MA page and all work should be done in pencil, thank you.
- Try and work through independently. However, if you need help put a star besides the ones you had support with. If the MA book is pitched at the right level for you there will be about 3-5 questions that you find challenging on a page. Have a go at these and if you are still stuck then teachers will be able to help you with these at school.
- Children should be trying to complete the set amount from the book within a time of 30 minutes.
- Please could these Mental Arithmetic (MA) books come back into class each Wednesday to allow time to check / monitor your child's progress.
Alongside the Mental Arithmetic pages/tasks set at times other tasks might be set within Google Classroom & through MyMaths. We also continue to recommend that the children regularly practise their tables up to 12 x 12 and corresponding division facts at home; skills that are not regularly utilised can be easily forgotten.
Pupils have TT Rockstars accounts. If they cannot remember them please contact us firstly through SeeSaw or email email@example.com
- New spellings are focused on weekly from the beginning of the week and will be tested the following Monday. There will be opportunities to practise and consolidate these in class, but a few minutes practise each day at home will support learning further. Further information about their spellings can also be found in this section.
- Children are encouraged to complete the online activity regularly
ReadingYears 5 and 6 pupils should be reading for at least 20 minutes x 5 a week. It is expected that the children read every day for a minimum of 20 minutes. This could be reading to an adult aloud, independently or sharing a book together. It is important that the comprehension and understanding of the text is checked regularly.
The onus is very much on the children to ensure they do their homework. However, if your child has difficulty with any aspects of homework please let me know, so that I can discuss this with them.